Dear SCTS families
It is an understatement to say that COVID 19 had disrupted the lives of our students and parents, these have indeed been difficult times as everyone adjusted to the new reality of online classes & now the gradual introduction back to in person camps and classes.
It has been a huge learning experience for us at SCTS as we took the “show” and school online. Through it all the students have showed an amazing ability to adjust and have kept us all encouraged and upbeat with their excitement and smiles every week.
We were thrilled this summer with the news from the Provincial Government announcing the Framework for reopening our Province. Having concluded 6 weeks of very successful, fun and safe summer camps, we are prepared and ready to reopen the doors for the Fall semester 2020 and look forward to seeing all your faces in person.
As a team we worked diligently to adapt our camp / school programming and operational plans to meet and exceed the health and safety guidelines required with positive and encouraging results. Please read below the Scts Covid 19 protocol & procedure documents as well as a video from our venue in response to our plans and organization this past summer.
Although as expected you will see some changes at SCTS, what has not changed is our commitment to deliver the same SCTS experience and level of teaching that you have all come to love and expect from us.
- Physical distancing of class groups, allocated bathrooms & entrances
- Contactless registration, pick up and drop off procedures
- In all cases and at all times – only students & staff will be permitted into the building.
- Staggered arrival/ departure times between each class to eliminate congestion
- Health checks for staff & students
- “Clean stations” with sanitizer, wipes & wash stations
- All rooms will be sectioned into spaces that are the required 6 feet apart
- Enhanced Personal & facility cleaning
- Re-enforced no sharing policy for food, water and limit of personal items
- Students will bring all personal belongings into the classrooms
- Smaller, segregated student groupings of 11 to 15
- Masks to be worn in all public areas and upon arrival / departure by students, staff and parents, all staff to wear masks at all times within classes.
- We are waiting on updates for safety in singing, outside classrooms are not not sustainable for the fall/winter months, we will adapt as new rules are regulations are released .
Although there continues to be uncertainty moving forward, more than ever, we are reminded that relationships are everything in theatre and education. We appreciate your ongoing trust, support and partnership. We are in this together and look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Rachel & the SCTS Team
We understand the excitement you feel when your child attends class for the first time, especially with the younger ages. However, constant distraction in the classroom from parents sitting in the room or peeking in the door is very disrupting to the students, interrupting the class and its concentration. Parents, siblings and friends are not allowed in the classroom for the safety and benefit of the children and staff. Doors will be closed during class time and we ask that parents wait outside until the students are dismissed by a staff member. There will be plenty of opportunities throughout the school year to watch your Student on stage in performance. Please be prompt in the pick up of your child, if for any reason you are running late please call the office number to inform us. Students will not be allowed to leave the room until claimed by a parent, if your child is to be collected by someone other than yourself please inform the staff upon drop off.